If you receive tuition assistance benefits from your employer, follow the steps below to submit your tuition assistance information to UMUC.
1. Complete a Document of Authorization. This can be a purchase order, tuition assistance form, or contract on company letterhead. This document must contain the following information:
A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by the agency, such as tuition, technology fee, application fee, schedule-adjustment fee, or late registration fee. No credit will be granted for fees unless specified.
Your name and Student ID
The semester or term covered by the document
The billing address
The signature and telephone number of the authorizing official
Federal Tax ID (recommended)
Note: A tuition assistance contract will not be accepted if it restricts payment, or is in any way conditional.
2. You can submit your Tuition Assistance form via UMUC's online assistance site (* this is the preferred method)
- Go to help.umuc.edu/
- Click the Continue button under Open Case/Submit Documents on the right side of the screen.
- On the Submit New Case screen, click the Case Type drop-down menu and select Billing/Payments.
- Click the Select Assistance Category drop-down menu and select Tuition Assistance.
- Complete the required fields.
- Attach your Tuition Assistance Authorization form and click Submit Case.
For additional information, please visit: Employer-Provided Tuition Assistance