If you receive tuition assistance benefits from your employer, follow the steps below to submit your tuition assistance information to University of Maryland University College.
1. Complete a Document of Authorization. This can be a purchase order, tuition assistance form, or contract on company letterhead. This document must contain the following information:
A specific description of fees, charges, and the amount to be assumed by the agency, such as tuition, technology fee, application fee, schedule-adjustment fee, or late registration fee. No credit will be granted for fees unless specified.
Your name and Student ID
The semester or term covered by the document
The billing address
The signature and telephone number of the authorizing official
Federal Tax ID (recommended)
Note: A tuition assistance contract will not be accepted if it restricts payment, or is in any way conditional.
2. Submit your Document of Authorization via the University of Maryland University College Help Center.
- Go to the E-mail Support or Submit Documents webpage.
- Using the Case Type drop-down menu, select Billing/Payments.
- Using the Select Assistance Category drop-down menu, select Tuition Assistance.
- Complete the required fields.
- In the Upload Attachments section, use the Choose File button to attach your Document of Authorization form and click Submit Case.
For additional information, please visit: Employer-Provided Tuition Assistance