Tuition Rates: Am I eligible for the in-state tuition rate?

I am a Maryland resident. Why am I being charged the out-of-state tuition rate?

To qualify for in-state status, you must meet the requirements in the University System of Maryland (USM) policy on student classification. You are responsible for providing the information necessary to establish eligibility for in-state status.

Students requesting a change in residency must submit a Petition for Change in Classification for Tuition form. 

Visit the tuition page of the University of Maryland University College website for more information, including current tuition prices.