VA Benefits: Where can I find and complete the veteran certification form?

After you register for your courses, complete the VA Certification form in MyUMUC.

  1. Go to Veteran Certification in MyUMUC. 
  2. Select the semester you wish to certify.
  3. Select Complete Request Form.
  4. Complete the form.
  5. Click the Submit Request button.

Please allow 10-15 business days for your certification to be processed. View the status of your certification request by returning to the Veteran Certification section of MyUMUC and selecting the semester for which you completed the form.

If you are using Chapter 33 Post 9/11 or Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation benefits, University of Maryland University College will place a non-disenrollment hold on your account to prevent disenrollment for non-payment.

For all chapters other than Chapter 33 Post 9/11 or Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation, you will receive a monthly stipend from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. You are responsible for submitting payment for tuition and fees at the time of registration.

More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available on the GI Bill website.