VA Benefits: Am I eligible for the Yellow Ribbon Program? If so, where can I apply?

Only students who are 100% eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill and are being charged the out-of-state tuition rate are eligible for the Yellow Ribbon program. Students who are eligible and are receiving the in-state tuition rate do not need the Yellow Ribbon program to cover the cost of their tuition and fees.

You can apply for the Yellow Ribbon Program while completing your Request for Certification form (VA Cert.). When you click on Chapter 33, a box will appear titled “CH 33 Yellow Ribbon Program.” You must check this box to apply for the program. Also, you must complete this process each semester you enroll in classes.

If you have already completed the Request for Certification Form and did not select Yellow Ribbon, e-mail and request to add Yellow Ribbon.

Click here to learn more about Veterans Education Benefits.