University of Maryland University College partners with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide monthly updates to the U.S. Department of Education regarding a student’s enrollment status. As a result, students typically do not need to request a deferment if they are continuously enrolled in classes.
However, if a student needs to communicate their enrollment status to their lender before the monthly clearinghouse reporting process is complete, please follow the expediting process described below.
Expedited Deferment ProcessRequest a deferment form from the lender and submit the form using one of the following methods:
- Email the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
- Mail the form to the University of Maryland University College Office of the Registrar by mail, at the following address:
Attn: Student Records (outgoing transcripts)
3501 University Blvd East
Adelphi, MD 20783
Deliver the form by “walk-in” to the Student Services Office at the Academic Center at Largo at the following address:
Largo, MD 20774
Fax the form to 240-684-2005
- Deferment forms must contain a handwritten signature, as required by lenders, and cannot be emailed.
- If a student has more than one lender, separate deferment forms must be completed for each lender.
- Please allow three to five business days for processing.
Please send questions or concerns by email to SAverifications@umuc.edu or call 800-888-8682 ext. 2222.