Enrollment Verification: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Q. How can I request enrollment verification?
A. Current students may place enrollment verification requests through their MyUMUC Student Center. Former students can order transcripts through MyUMUC or directly from the Parchment Transcript Management system.
How do I request enrollment verification in my MyUMUC Student Center?
How can I request an official transcript without a MyUMUC account?

Q. Is there a cost for this service?
A. No, enrollment verification certificates are provided free of charge. 

Q. Can I send the enrollment verification PDF electronically?
A. Yes, the report can be sent by e-mail or fax. 

Q. Who can I contact if I encounter problems?
A. Contact Student Records (outgoing transcripts) at saverifications@umuc.edu

Q. Can I order my transcript through the National Student Clearing House (NSC)?
A. No. Learn more at https://exchange.parchment.com/send/adds/index.php?main_page=login&s_id=kW1aQQGVqRu0ocWy

Q. Will my employer and other companies, organizations, and institutions accept this verification?
A. Yes, the National Clearing House (NSC) verification is accepted by third parties and institutions as proof of enrollment with UMUC. The NSC logo authenticates the document as official proof of enrollment and can be submitted to a third party.

Q. What are the Enrollment Information On File and Student Loan Deferment Notification options?
A. Enrollment Information On File represents the most recent enrollment information provided by your institution for the current semester. For more information, please contact degreeverify@umuc.edu.
Student Loan Deferment Notifications represent all notifications of deferment sent by NSC to your lender. This information is updated monthly.

Q. For loan deferment purposes, can I submit the enrollment verification for a future term that has not begun?
A. Lenders often do not process deferments until the term has begun and will not accept enrollment verification for future terms. For consideration, the enrollment verification can be submitted to lenders 30 days before the start of classes.

Q. Who can I contact if a third party agency or employer is stating there is a hold on my account, but I have verified with UMUC there is no hold?
Contact Student Records (outgoing transcripts) at saverifications@umuc.edu.  The information in the NSC portal may need to be updated depending on the student.