Financial Aid: Dependency Appeal

Dependency status is determined based on the information provided in the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students with exceptional circumstances can ask for their dependent status be reviewed by submitting a Dependency Appeal to the Office of Financial Aid (OFA).
Direction on how to submit a Dependency Appeal can be located on the University of Maryland University College Special Conditions Appeal webpage under the section, Dependency Appeal Process.