Relocations: How do I transfer between UMUC Divisions?

How do I transfer between UMUC Divisions?

You can continue your studies even when you transfer divisions. UMUC’s trained Military Advising Team and the convenient Relocation Form make the process seamless. For transcript-related information about Military Schools, please select the following link: Request Military Transcripts for Transfer Credits.

All undergraduate and graduate students planning to relocate between UMUC divisions (UMUC Stateside, UMUC Europe, UMUC Asia) must complete and submit the Relocation Form.

NOTE: Army students should contact their Army Education Center to be transferred to their new home school.

Forms are typically processed within three business days. You will receive a confirmation e-mail after submitting the relocation form. If you have additional questions about this process, contact the Military Advising Department at 800-888-UMUC (8682).


Step 1:
Log into MyUMUC, and then select either Student Center or MyMilitary to navigate to the Relocation form.

'MyMenu' from MyUMUC

Then, from the Student Center option, click on the drop-down arrow and select Relocation Form.
Select 'Relocation Form' from the dropdown.

Step 2a:
Once you have signed into the portal, review the pre-populated information and begin updating the information in the fields by clicking on the drop-down arrows.  Be sure to answer each question.

Example form questions-part 1

Step 2b:
Continue to update your personal information in the form by entering your contact information. Be sure to indicate your preferred telephone number or email address. You may add or delete information in this section excluding the UMUC Student Email.

Sample contact information confirmation are from Relocation Form

Step 3:
Finally, read the statement to confirm your information is updated and click the   SUBMIT   button.

Confirmation Statement

You will be sent an e-mail after the Relocation has been submitted.

  • Email will reflect whether your campus has changed or if you need to provide additional information.

  • Not all Relocations submitted will change your UMUC campus.  Some will just update your record.  Your UMUC campus is attached to your duty station.  If your duty station is overseas, your home campus is likely to change as well as your tuition.

  • The Date of Location Change will determine the effective date of your relocation.

Using a Public Computer?
Please exit out of your browser after completing the form to ensure that you have logged completely out of the MyUMUC.