Military Tuition and Benefits
Look! Jack's on the Internet!
Jack says, "I LIKE PIE!''
We Can Help You Explore Other Options
Suspension of TA does not mean your education has to be put on hold. Whether you are a current student or about to apply to UMUC, there are other ways to pay for school.
2. Use your VA Benefits. The Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) offers a number of education benefits programs for veterans and active-duty servicemembers.
- Visit the GI Bill Web site
- Post-9/11 GI Bill (chapter 33)
- Montgomery GI Bill (chapter 30 and chapter 1606)
- Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP, chapter 1607)
To learn which benefits program is best for you and how to apply call the UMUC military and veterans advising team.
3. Enroll in UMUC’s monthly payment plan and pay your tuition over the course of several months or the full semester. There are no finance charges, just a low enrollment fee. The plan is administered by Sallie Mae.
4. Apply for scholarships. UMUC offers more than 50 unique scholarships, some exclusively for military servicemembers, veterans, and their families.
Military Tuition Rates: Spring and Summer 2013
Military tuition rates are another way UMUC can help make your education more affordable. Active-duty servicemembers, their spouses, and some dependent children are eligible. So are members of the Selected Reserves, National Guard and commissioned corps members of the USPHS and NOAA, their spouses, and some dependent children.
In addition, some veterans who attended secondary school in Maryland are also eligible for the Maryland resident tuition rate. Current military rates are listed below.
- Bachelor's degree: $250 per credit
- Standard master's degree: $458 per credit
- MBA and MS programs in cybersecurity: $694 per credit
For doctoral and executive graduate program tuition rates and other fees, please see Tuition and Payment.
Note: Tuition rates are subject to the approval of the University System of Maryland (USM) Board of Regents. They may be changed, or other charges may be included, as a result of the Board of Regents decisions. Notwithstanding any other provision of this or any other university publication, the university reserves the right to make changes in tuition, fees and other charges at any time such changes are deemed necessary by the university and the USM Board of Regents.