At University of Maryland University College, we pride ourselves on providing you with the resources that you need to be successful both as a student and beyond. One of the key resources we provide is CareerQuest.
On the CareerQuest portal you can access
- Job and internship listings
- Events to connect you with hiring employers
- The UMUC Career Mentor Program
- Exclusive career tools to help with résumé writing, interview preparation, and more
- A growing library of webinars and other professional development content
CareerQuest is available exclusively for current UMUC students and alumni.
Simply log into CareerQuest. If you're a first-time user, select join our community. Otherwise, select sign in and enter your UMUC login information. Be sure to complete your profile to access all of the benefits CareerQuest has to offer.
Once you have created a CareerQuest account, you can access a list of features, including
- Jobs/Internships: This section features UMUC's job board for students and alumni and includes full-time jobs, internships, part-time opportunities, and quick gigs or projects.
- Tools/Resources: This section features a variety of self-service tools and information so that you can get 24-hour career assistance. Some of the tools and resources that students find particularly helpful are
- VMock: This is UMUC's virtual résumé critique tool. Select the résumé benchmark that best matches your career aspirations, upload a PDF version of your résumé, and in less than a minute, you'll receive tips on how to improve your résumé.
- Resunate: Resunate allows you to upload your résumé and copy and paste a job description. The tool will then give you instant feedback on how well that version of your résumé matches the job that interests you.
- Quinncia: This resource helps you practice your interviewing skills. Upload your résumé, and Quinncia will scan it to customize the questions in your mock interview based on the content in your résumé. It will also provide you customized feedback based on your answers, body language, and facial expressions.
- InterviewStream: This allows you to create a customized interview from a database of hundreds of interview questions. Or you can try one that we've already created. Use your webcam or phone/tablet to record your interview responses, and then watch your interview to see how you can improve your responses and professional presentation.
- InternPLUS: Are you looking for ways to get experience while pursuing your degree? Check out InternPLUS, which features information about a variety of ways to get experience such as virtual internships, part-time jobs, volunteering, and more.
- Military: This section was designed for UMUC's 50,000+ military-affiliated students and features advice and resources specific to the military community.
- Webinar Library: Nearly every month, UMUC Career Services sponsors a webinar on a variety of professional development topics. All of these webinars are recorded and archived in the Webinar Library.
- Career Mentor Program: Hundreds of students and alumni have benefited from UMUC's Career Mentor Program, which allows students to connect with UMUC alumni and friends of UMUC to assist in their professional development. The program features two types of mentorship connections:
- UMUC Community: Set up a one-time, 30-minute meeting with a mentor. Because you can meet with as many mentors as you wish, this can be a great way to gain a lot of different perspectives about your career goals.
- Career Mentor Program: This robust mentoring connection features regular meetings for six months. You set specific goals that you want to accomplish, and your mentor helps you get there.
- Career Advisors: Meet with a UMUC career advisor. When setting up your appointment, you decide if you want to meet in person, by phone, or video chat. CareerQuest automatically syncs with all of the advisors' calendars, so you'll instantly know when your chosen advisor is available.
- Events: UMUC Career Services offers dozens of professional development events including online and on-site information sessions, job fairs, webinars, and more.