Maryland Community College Alliance Partnerships
Transfer with ease to UMUC through the UMUC Alliance Program
Especially designed for Maryland community college students just starting coursework toward an associate's degree, the Alliance program provides one curriculum plan for earning an associate's degree and a UMUC bachelor's degree seamlessly. UMUC will accept up to 70 applicable community college credits from a Maryland community college.
Special Benefits of Being an Alliance Student
- Waiver of UMUC's $50 admission application fee.1
- Dual enrollment options at your community college and UMUC.
- Scholarship opportunities for community college graduates
- Access to the extensive University System of Maryland library, tutoring, writing assistance, career counseling, computer labs, and more.
- Receive UMUC transfer advising directly at your community college campus
- Easily apply online.
UMUC Maryland Community College Alliance Partners
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
This applies to all community colleges listed below. View FAQ [1.01Mb]
Allegany College of Maryland
Anne Arundel Community College
Baltimore City Community College
Carroll Community College
College of Southern Maryland
The Community College of Baltimore County
Frederick Community College
Hagerstown Community College
Harford Community College
Howard Community College
Prince George's Community College
Wor-Wic Community College
1 To be eligible for the application fee waiver, the last community college you attended must participate in an alliance with UMUC. When you apply for admission, please include your dates of attendance at the alliance school. Get more information about which schools participate in UMUC's Maryland alliances and out-of-state alliances.