Nan Lee Roberts Scholarship
The Nan Lee Roberts Scholarship at the University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is available to outstanding students participating in the university's Reverse Transfer Program. Reverse Transfer helps students maximize their community college credits, time and finances, by allowing them to transfer UMUC credits back to a participating community college to complete their associate's degree, without lengthening the time required to complete their bachelor's degree at UMUC.
To be eligible for the Nan Lee Roberts Scholarship, a candidate must have transferred to UMUC from a Maryland community college. Recipients will be awarded $1,000 for 6 credits at UMUC.
List of Participating Colleges
- Allegany College of Maryland
- Anne Arundel Community College
- Baltimore City Community College
- Carroll Community College
- Cecil College
- Chesapeake College
- College of Southern Maryland
- The Community College of Baltimore County
- Frederick Community College
- Garrett College
- Hagerstown Community College
- Harford Community College
- Howard Community College
- Montgomery College
- Prince George’s Community College
- Wor-Wic Community College
What are the application criteria?
Scholarship applicants must
- Be transfer students from a Maryland community college
- Be participants in the Reverse Transfer Program
- Have a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA at a Maryland community college and UMUC at the time of application
- Maintain a minimum cumulative 3.0 GPA at UMUC
- Be enrolled in at least 6 credits at UMUC during the semester in which the scholarship is awarded
- Enroll in coursework needed for completion of an associate degree, based on recommendations of the UMUC transfer advisor
What is the application deadline?
Applications for the upcoming semester will be accepted as long as funds remain available.
How do I apply?
Complete the Nan Lee Roberts Scholarship online application.
When will I be notified of the scholarship award decision?
Once the scholarship application has been reviewed and approved, scholarship applicants will be notified of the award decision via e-mail.
Who do I contact for additional information?
Community College Alliance Team