University of Maryland University College makes the transfer process smooth for incoming students. With our flexible transfer credit policies, you can earn your degree on a fast track. We accept many kinds of transfer credit, and you can earn college credit for what you've learned on the job or in the military. We focus on helping busy professionals like you earn the credit you deserve so you can graduate sooner and save money.
Most Popular in Transfers & Credits
Your Degree Could Be Closer Than You Think
- UMUC accepts up to 70 credits from approved two-year schools and community colleges.
- UMUC accepts up to 90 credits from approved four-year colleges and universities.
- The UMUC Completion Scholarship brings the average cost to complete a bachelor's degree to $12,000 or less.
- UMUC is the No. 1 transfer choice for Maryland community college students.
- UMUC offers dual enrollment options so you can take classes at your community college and UMUC at the same time.
Learn How Much Your Degree May Cost
The Time and Tuition Estimator provides estimated tuition and fees based on your program of interest and tuition rate. You can calculate potential savings with transfer credits, scholarships, grants, tuition assistance, and employer discounts. Plus, you can estimate your graduation date. Get your estimate today.
More Transfer Information
Transfer credits seamlessly between a partner community college and UMUC.
Explore transferring and transfer credits options.
Learn how UMUC, PGCC, and PGCPS are making college education affordable for local high school students.
Attend an upcoming event at one of our regional locations or a local community college.