University of Maryland University College has teamed up with all 16 Maryland community colleges and more than 90 community and technical colleges nationwide to help you create a seamless path from your associate to your bachelor's degree. Thanks to community college alliances with UMUC, your associate degree can be part of a single, integrated curriculum plan that culminates with a bachelor's degree.
UMUC accepts up to 70 credits from in-state or out-of-state community colleges. Now, you can transfer with peace of mind and know your hard-earned credit will count toward your bachelor's degree.
As an alliance student, you'll enjoy these benefits:
- Dual enrollment options at your community college and UMUC
- Guaranteed admission
- Completion Scholarship for Maryland community college graduates
- Access to the extensive University System of Maryland library, tutoring, writing assistance, career counseling, computer labs, and more
- UMUC transfer advising at your community college campus
- Easy application process
- Waiver of UMUC's $50 application fee
For you to be eligible for the application fee waiver, the last institution you attended must participate in an alliance with UMUC. When you apply for admission, please include your dates of attendance at the alliance school.